Tuesday, 31 May 2011

MUSIC ARTISTS/BANDS/GIRLGROUPS 2011

KNOW YOUR MUSIC: CLASSICAL, JAZZ AND BLUES IS WHERE IT STARTED.

I am starting to get quite irritated by these bands coming through and artists with no talent. A beat (standard), some lyrics not even written by them, and a good make over does NOT make you a music artist neither does it mean your talent is there OR you know music.
Is it the music industry to blame? Or is it individuals who try to copy each other?
    I heard a demo earlier of this new band, they look the part but the content was bubble gum, where was the substance.
   I just think what on earth would Ray Charles, Haydn or any of the GREATS be thinking.
Nowadays House music and dubstep is incredible and the movement is inevitable and I LOVE it, but bands/artists PLEASE respect your past.


Maybe I am old (no i'm not lol) or maybe i'm tired (yes but still)


I will probably go back and reword this later but for now, this is how I feel.


Don't call yourself a musician if you don't even know the obvious musicians of the past. 


Peace


Eleanor

No comments:

Post a Comment